fostering children, fostering families
Fostering Hope is a ministry of Mercer Creek Church that seeks to support foster children and foster and adoptive families on their journey.
- Obtain and retain solid foster homes in Kittitas County
- Provide training for foster parents and safe onsite childcare during meetings
- Provide time for foster families to encourage one another and develop relationships
- Create a network of support within the community to meet the needs of foster families
- Create opportunities for children to develop relationships with other kids with similar experiences
9.11.17 Emoji Encounter
10.9.17 Trauma Informed Care, Pt. 3
11.13.17 Trauma Informed Care, Pt. 4
12.11.17 Christmas Party
1.8.18 Attachment: Why It Matters, Pt. 1
2.12.18 Attachment: Why It Matters, Pt. 2
4.9.18 DCFS Update
5.14.18 Caregiver Appreciation Event
For More Information:
Contact Kari Mirro by phone 509.933.7800 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fostering Hope's Compassion Closet
The Compassion Closet exists to provide Kittitas County foster parents with needed essentials in order to relieve some of the financial burden when caring for foster children.
Some of the items available to foster families are children's clothing, cribs, toddler beds, car seats, high chairs, clothing, diapers, formula, school supplies, and more.
For more information, to donate, or to volunteer in the closet, contact Andrea Betz, closet coordinator at 509.859.2735.