Finding Freedom from Hurts, Habits and Hang Ups
ALCOHOLISM • DIVORCE • SEXUAL ABUSE • CODEPENDENCY • DOMESTIC VIOLENCE • DRUG ADDICTION • SEXUAL ADDICTION • FOOD ADDICTION • GAMBLING ADDICTION
The purpose of Celebrate Recovery is to encourage fellowship and to celebrate God's healing power in our lives as we work our way along the road to recover.
Every Thursday, 6:30pm in the Fellowship Hall
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Twelve Steps and Their Biblical Comparisons
- We admitted we were powerless over our addictions and compulsive behaviors, that our lives had become unmanageable.
- "For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out." - Romans 7:18
- We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- "For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose." - Philippians 2:13
- We made a decision to turn our lives and our wills over to the care of God.
- "Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer yourselves as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God - this is your true and proper worship." - Romans 12:1
- We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- "Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the LORD." - Lamentations 3:40