What is Stephen Ministry?
Do you or someone you know need care?
- Job loss or confusion
- Crisis in faith
- Feeling disconnected
- Divorce or loneliness
- Illness or death
- Worries about parents
- Worries about kids
- Hopelessness or depression
Don’t walk this path alone! A Stephen Minister can walk alongside you in this difficult time.
What Does a Stephen Minister Do?
- Listens, empathizes, encourages, prays, and provides emotional and spiritual support.
- Meets weekly or an agreed upon schedule with the care receiver for as long as the need persists.
- Will meet you where you are in your faith
Upon your request, the Stephen Ministry program will be described to you in detail. If your needs are within the scope of Stephen Ministry, they will prayerfully match you with an available Stephen Minister.
Who can serve as a Stephen Minister?
- Stephen Ministers are members of our church who have been trained by Stephen Leaders to offer high-quality, one-on-one Christian care to people going through tough times. Our Stephen Ministers are involved in peer supervision and ongoing study together.
What type of training do Stephen Ministers receive?
- Our Stephen Ministers have receive 50 hours of training in caring for people who are experiencing a wide range of difficult situations. The Stephen Minister you’ll be matched with is very well-equipped to care for and support you.
I’m willing to speak with a Stephen Minister, but isn’t this type of ministry the pastor’s job?
- Our pastors care about you and will visit with you as you need them. Along with your pastor’s care, your Stephen Minister will be available to focus on caring for you. We as Christians are called to care for one another, and this program enlarges our pastoral care ministry.
How often and how long will I meet with the Stephen Minister?
- A Stephen Minister usually provides care to one person at a time, meeting with that person once a week for about an hour. Your Stephen Minister will continue to meet with you as long as needed. You will decide together when you’re ready to bring the caring relationship to a close.
Will I feel better if I have a Stephen Minister?
- Every person and situation is different, but most people we work with say that having a Stephen Minister is a helpful, comforting, and a healing experience.
Is Stephen Ministry confidential? I'd prefer to keep my struggle private and I am not sure Stephen Ministry is what I need.
- Stephen Ministry is completely confidential. No one will even know you have a Stephen Minister unless you tell them.
Become a Stephen Minister
Stephen Ministry exists to provide Christ-centered, compassionate, confidential, one-on-one care to those who are struggling with life’s crises and challenges. If you want to find out more information about becoming a Stephen Minister or when our next training will be, click the button below.