Overcoming Hurts, Hang-ups and Habits
CR is a safe place to work on behaviors or feelings that are damaging to you and your relationships with others. That could be the result of addictions to drugs or alcohol, but also food, gambling, or sex. You might be dealing with control issues, anxiety, anger, shame, or resentment. Perhaps you are lonely or isolated. CR is also a good place to overcome the damage done by verbal, physical or sexual abuse. You are not alone!
Celebrate Recovery is about sharing and supporting each other along the on the road to recovery. We are not just trying to stop unwanted behaviors or feelings, but to experience the freedom and benefits of a life transformed by Jesus Christ.
We meet in the Commons room on the north side of the main buildin. We have a potluck dinner at 6:00pm. The program starts at 6:45 and we wrap up around 8:30.
Free childcare is provided.
For more information: [email protected]
Twelve Steps and Their Biblical Comparisons
- We admitted we were powerless over our addictions and compulsive behaviors, that our lives had become unmanageable.
- "For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out." - Romans 7:18
- We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- "For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose." - Philippians 2:13
- We made a decision to turn our lives and our wills over to the care of God.
- "Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer yourselves as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God - this is your true and proper worship." - Romans 12:1
- We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- "Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the LORD." - Lamentations 3:40
- We Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed." - James 5:16a
- We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- "Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up." - James 4:10
- We humbly asked Him to remove all our shortcomings.
- "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." - 1 John 1:9
- We made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- "Do to others as you would have them do to you." - Luke 6:31
- We made direct amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- "Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the alter and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the alter. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift." - Matthew 5:23-24
- We continue to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
- "So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!" - 1 Corinthians 10:12
- We sought through prayer and mediation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us, and power to carry that out.
- "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly." - Colossians 3:16a
- Having had a spiritual experience as the result of these steps, we try to carry this message to others and practice these principles in all our affairs.
- "Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore them gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted." - Galatians 6:1