Fall Small Groups
The Gospel of Mark with Francis Chan
This 11 week series chronicles Jesus's journey from Galilee to Jerusalum. Along the way, the Messiah gathers a ragged band of disciples. As crowds grow and dwindle on the road to Jerusalum, only a few stick by the Suffering Savior on the road of discipleship.
Tuesdays 9 - 11 AM Women's Small Groups in the Commons. Childcare is provided by request. Begins September 14. Fill out this form to register now or stop by the Commons after each of the services on September 12 and 19. Ask questions, meet leaders and get registered!
The Gospel of Mark
Why Small Groups?
Our small groups exist to create authentic Christian community. Small groups provide opportunities for face to face connection, a sense of family and a place to belong. Though small groups serve a variety of purposes, MCC's groups are designed to meet 5 specific needs:
- A place to live out the one another commands. Jesus repeatedly encouraged his disciples to love one another.
- A place to give and recieve. Being in community is one of the primary ways God wants to bless you. It's also one of the main ways he wants you to love others.
- A place to grow. The path to healthy growth goes through a few deep friendships - and there are no shortcuts. God uses people to grow people.
- A place to encounter God. We can encounter God in a unique way in small groups that isn't possible on our own.
- A place to succeed together where one alone would fail. A threefold cord is not easily broken.
Mercer Creek Women Events
Our mission is to advance God's Kingdom by loving Jesus and making disciples.
Mercer Creek Women focuses on weekly small groups, offers day and evening events, and an annual women's retreat.
Our small groups exist to create authentic Christian community, to be a place to give and receive, to be a place to grow, and to encounter God.
Our Primary Work:
- Leadership Development: Equip believers to do the work of the ministry.
- Disciple: Teach people to seek Jesus and obey everything He commands.
- Serve: Bless our church, local and global partners and the world through relationships, financial resources and personal service.